Kettle Foods have just issued a recall on bags of Kettle Chips as they "may contain pieces of plastic that are similar in appearance to the crisps"! Obviously this presents a serious concern as they could accidentally be ingested an possibly cause choking or injury.
The food standards agency reports that bags of Kettle Chips with a 'best before' date of 28 May 2016 have been recalled "because the products may contain pieces of plastic. This means these products are a possible risk to health."
The following products with a 'best before' date of 28 May 2016 are being recalled:
- Kettle Chips Lightly Salted 150g
- Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar 40g
- Kettle Chips Mature Cheddar & Red Onion 40g
- Kettle Chips Lightly Salted Multipack (5 x 30g)
- Kettle Chips Lightly Salted 30g
No other products are known to be affected.
Although individual supermarkets are also issuing their own recall advice, this is the recall notice from Kettle Foods: