- What is Uber?
- Uber UK
- Uber Promotions
- Applying Your Uber Promotion Code
- Uber on Social Media
- Contact Uber
Every once in a while, new technology is developed that takes the world by storm. Since coming on the scene in 2009, American-based transportation network company, Uber, has gotten its fair share of media attention. As with most ideas that break the mould, Uber's taxi network saw some controversy and skepticism, prompting questions like "is it safe?" and "is it legal?". To answer some of those questions, it's important to understand how Uber works.
At its basic, Uber is simply a taxi service. Created with the aim of connecting regular people with easy, convenient rides using Uber-approved private drivers. As an alternative to the traditional taxi service, Uber utilizes technology in a way that makes finding a ride and getting to your destination a totally seamless, hassle-free experience. No more running down the block trying to hail your ride; no more crossing your fingers in hope that your driver takes the most direct route, and no more rifling in your purse for cash when your cab arrives at its destination!
Here are the general steps to using the Uber taxi service:
- Download the Uber app for your mobile device (the app is free).
- Use the app to set up your account and enter a credit card to keep on file.
- Choose the type of vehicle you'd like to be picked up in. Uber offers several choices, including a pricier "black car service" that will send a black high-end sedan or SUV to your location.
- Once you've selected your vehicle type, indicate your location and wait there for pickup.
- When your Uber car arrives, you will be able to use the Uber app to see your ETA, share your ETA with others, see the estimated fare and the most direct route to your destination.
- Once you've arrived, Uber will charge your account directly. So, no need to pay the driver any cash.
Despite a relatively slow start battling UK courts over rights to operate, Uber UK is now up and running in several cities. The service is well established in London, Manchester, Leeds, Wakefield, and Birmingham, and more cities are added as the Uber car service continues to gain momentum. Be sure to check the Uber.com site for an updated list of current cities.
Need a lift to or from a major UK airport? Uber offers a convenient flat-rate airport service from Heathrow and Gatwick that takes the guesswork out of calculating your fare. Check the current rates at Uber.com by selecting your city.
One of the benefits to riding with Uber is, of course, the lower cost. When choosing uberX (the lower end Uber car hire), the savings are typically about 25% when compared to traditional taxi services. Couple that with the convenience of the Uber app and the no-cash payment system and you've got yourself a lot of reasons to go with Uber.
- Here at PlayPennies, as much as we enjoy Uber's great prices, we refuse to rest until we've found every possible way to save! This is why we've collected the latest Uber promo codes and posted them here on this page for our pennywise ride-seekers!
- Typically, the most common Uber discount promo code applies to first time Uber taxi users. The voucher code will usually get you anywhere from £10 to £25 credit to use toward your first Uber car ride, applied directly to your Uber account. Other promo codes, however, are also possible. Watch for codes that will get you a discount on a specific Uber vehicle class (UberX, Uber Taxi, Uber SUV, Uber Lux) or a specific location (Manchester, London, etc.)
- As always, to avoid missing out on the great savings, remember to subscribe to our email updates here on this page. We send our subscribers the latest Uber discount codes and promotional offers, eliminating the risk of missing the savings on your next Uber ride.
Spot an Uber discount code you'd like to apply to your account? Using your voucher toward an Uber ride is easy. Here's how:
- Download the Uber app and complete the registration process.
- When you reach the payment step, select "Promo Code" and type in your promo code into the field.
- Request your Uber ride. Your voucher value will be automatically deducted off your payment!
Note: If this is not your first time using Uber and you have an existing account, simply log in to your app and head to the "Promotions" section. Type your code into the "Enter Promo Code" field and click "Apply".
- Uber on Facebook: Whether you're an Uber driver or customer, this is your spot for Uber updates, including Uber in the news, Uber initiatives and other useful info!
- Uber on Twitter: Stay in the loop with company updates and get daily reminders on why Uber is simply the better way to get from point A to point B.
- Uber on Instagram: Check out some cool shots from cities around the world here.
- Uber on LinkedIn: Find out more about the company and check the latest postings for Uber jobs in your area.
You can also contact Uber via their Facebook page by posting on their public wall or sending a private message.
Alternatively, contact Uber on Twitter by tweeting @UberUKsupport.