Kiddicare has become the latest retailer to be hit by a data breach and customer details including names, addresses, phone numbers and email have been compromised.
The retailer is keen to stress that no credit card or bank payment details have been taken, but some customers have reportedly been hit by phishing scams in an attempt to gain more information from them.
Whilst Kiddicare have said that the risk to customers is low, they have changed passwords and put in place increased security measures.
Emails were sent to some customers advising them of the breach, and the advise remains to "be extra vigilant and be alert to any suspicious communication" that purports to be from Kiddicare. Changing your password is always advisable in these cases too.
The email sent to customers follows below, and anyone concerned should contact Kiddicare*
We want to make you aware that Kiddicare has recently experienced unauthorised access to some customer details. The information accessed does NOT include any credit/debit card information or any payment details whatsoever. Kiddicare does not store any of this information on its systems.
However, we understand that a situation like this creates stress and anxiety about the safety of your personal data. Our brand has been built on a 40-year foundation of trust with our customers and we have therefore taken the step of contacting customers who may have been affected. We want to assure you that the cause of this issue has been addressed and you can continue to shop with confidence at Kiddicare.
We want you to know a few important things:
• NO customer payment details or credit/debit cards have been compromised in any way.
• The compromised information was restricted to name, delivery address, telephone number and email address.
• Increased security is already in place and we can confirm we have identified the source of the problem and taken steps to prevent it happening again. Your password is protected by very strong encryption and there is no indication that passwords were accessed, but we have taken the precaution of automatically resetting all passwords, so when you shop next please use the auto update facility to reset yours.
• Kiddicare will never contact you to ask for credit card, debit card or any other payment information. If you do receive any communication claiming to be from Kiddicare which does ask for this information, it is not from Kiddicare and you should delete it.
• We hope the information clarifies the situation for you but if you have any further queries please refer to the following page: Read our FAQ or email:firstname.lastname@example.org where our team will be on hand to help you.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and loyalty to Kiddicare and we are very sorry for any worry or inconvenience this has caused you.
Thanks to goonertillidie