It's Barbecue Season, and just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean you need to miss out on all that chargrilled yumminess.
In fact, you can eat foods that feel very naughty, but without any of the guilt...
We have made a list of SYN FREE BBQ FOODS that will have you liking your Slimming World Lips.
Chicken Tandoori Kebabs
- 200g Fat Free Natural Yogurt*
- 4 Chicken Breasts* (diced)
- 2 Tbsp Tandoori Powder*
- 2 Onions* (Sliced into rings)
- Mix the Tandoori Powder and the Yogurt together in a bowl
- Add in the Chicken and Onions and coat them well
- Leave to marinade overnight (preferably), although a minimum of 2 hours is fine.
- Keep in fridge until ready to cook on the BBQ.
- Cook on BBQ until cooked right through.
Syn Free BBQ sauce
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray*
- 1 onion* (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder*
- 225g Passata*
- 3 tbsp Sweetener*
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce*
- 1 tsp English Mustard*
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar*
- Spray a pan with the Fry Light (or other Low Calorie Spray).
- Fry the chopped Onion and Chilli Powder on high for 5 minutes until soft.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients, bring to the boil, and leave to simmer for around 10 minutes, or until thick.
- Leave to cool down to use as a condiment, or keep warm to marinade Chicken with.
Syn Free Coleslaw
- 100g Fat Free Natural Yoghurt*
- A Generous Dollop of Quark*
- 1/2 White Cabbage* (Shred)
- 1/2 tsp English Mustard*
- Himalayan Pink Rock Salt* (To taste)
- 250g Carrot Spaghetti* (Cut to smaller strips)
- 1 Onion* (Sliced)
- In a large bowl mix the wet ingredients, the Yogurt, Quark and Mustard. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, the cabbage, onion and carrot.
- Voila! Easy Syn Free Coleslaw!
- Don't forget to season with that Salt if required.
Garlic & Chilli Prawns
- 3 Red Chillies* (Chopped finely)
- 4 Garlic Cloves* (Crushed)
- 3 Lemons* (Zest grated, and Lemons juiced)
- Handful Fresh Coriander* (Chopped)
- 20 Large Tiger Prawns* (Raw)
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix together the garlic, lemon juice and zest, and chilli with the chopped Coriander
- Put the Prawns in a bowl and coat with the Lemon/Garlic mix
- Marinade for at least 15 minutes before cooking
- Thread Prawns onto Skewers
- Barbecue until bright pink on both sides, or when you are satisfied they are cooked.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl - use your hands
- Shape into Burgers (or use a Burger Press*)
- Sling on the BBQ until cooked