I'm definitely getting in the mood for spring, even though it's still snowing outside, and these cute Baa-Lamb Muffins are just the thing to make with the kids for a sweet treat.
They are really simple to make, with the decorations being mini marshmallows and black icing, so you could even just buy ready-made fairy cakes and let the kids go mad making them into sheep.
This recipe is from Asda's new Good Living website, though you can of course use your own muffin recipe if you have a favourite already.
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2tbsp milk
- 380g tub Cake Angels Mallow Icing
- 50g black ready-to-roll icing
- 180g white mini mallows
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- Black food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/ Gas 4. Put 14 muffin cases in cupcake tins.
- Sift flour and baking powder into bowl. Add butter, caster sugar, eggs and milk. Mix with electric whisk until fluffy.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin cases. Bake for 20 mins or until well risen. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Divide mallow icing between the cakes. Smooth over the top in a domed shape.
- Using the black icing, shape 14 'heads'. Make 28 'ears' and attach to the heads. Mix the icing sugar with a few drops of water to make a stiff icing. Dot onto the heads to create eyes. Set aside to dry, then paint on dots of black food colouring for pupils.
- Cover each cake in mini mallows, pressing them into the icing. To finish, position the heads on top of the cakes.
Image and recipe from Asda Good Living.