Half Term is almost upon us. What have you got planned to keep the kids occupied? I am clueless as to what I am doing with mine. What I do know is that I will be saving myself some pennies. Check out this list and you can really rack up the savings:
February Half Term Days Out
It may seem like you've just gotten over Christmas, then BAM here comes half term. Save yourself some money when the kids are off this February, with these free activities:
- The National Trust*- FREE activities across National Trust attractions.
- National Railway Museum York* - FREE entry from 20th –27th February 2019.
- Natural History Museum* - Free admission: Family Festival Mysteries of the Dark from Tuesday 19th to Thursday 21st February 2019.
- V&A Museum* - Family games, trails and making cool stuff!
- RAF Museum* - Free admission.
- Tall Ship Glasgow* - Free entry for families/groups of up to 8 people.
- Big Pit Mining Museum* - Free admission (also activities running, but are chargeable).
- National Museum of Scotland* - Egypt and East Asia celebrations: free activities and pop-up performances from 9th - 17th Feb 2019. 11am - 4pm.
- IKEA - Free activities up and down the country.
- Hobbycraft - Free kids craft workshops.
Half Term Days Out
Half Term can be such an expensive time for us parents. What do you do if you're absolutely broke?
Here are some ideas...
- Visit the park
- Wrap up and go to the beach to find shells
- Make a picnic and go exploring in the woods
- Have a movie day
- Treasure hunt in the house or garden
- Make slime
- Bike rides
- Bake cakes
Kids Eat Free Half Term Offers
It's always nice to go out as a family to eat. Having said that, it can become an expensive business. Do your purse a favour and make use of those 'kids eat free' deals...
- Yo Sushi* - From 9th - 17th February 2019 in Scotland and from 16th Feb - 3rd March 2019 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Beefeater*- Free kid's main meal per adult main meal from the main restaurant menu.
- Giraffe* - Download your voucher.
- Dobbies* - One free kid’s meal from the Children’s Lunch Menu (consists of lunch main + 2 sides + drink) with each adult main meal purchased.
- Gordon Ramsay Restaurants* - One free child's meal per every adult's meal ordered from the a la carte menu.
- Hix Restaurants* - One free meal for under 10's with each paying adult.
Discounted Ticket Offers for Half Term
Not all kids are easily pleased, and so you may be faced with no option but to reach for you purse. If you do plan on visiting a theme park or the likes then be sure to make use of these special discounted tickets offers.
- Theatre Tickets from £10 @ Lastminute.com* - Plenty of tickets for various shows across the UK for £10 or less.
- Drayton Manor* - Discounts on Thomas Land and selected family rides from Saturday 9th - Sunday 24th February 2019.
- Whipsnade Zoo* - Save at least 10% by purchasing tickets online.
- The Shard* - View experiences from £25.
- Odeon Cinema* - Save money with Kids showings.
- Your Voucher Book*- 2 for 1 vouchers all year round for Tees Valley area plus some other attractions.
- Brighton Toy Museum* - Family of 4 only £14.
- Drusillas Zoo/Park -Sussex*- Save £££'s on Tickets.
- Lightwater Valley* - Special offers on entry.
- Harry Potter Tour* - Book a tour.
- BuyAGift*- Save ££'s on days out.
- Bekonscot Model Village*- Special prices online.
- Legoland Junior Builders Week* from £35 per person.
Keep checking back as we will be adding to this as we get closer to Half Term!