We have gone a little crazy for Cadbury Creme Eggs as Easter gets ever closer, and when I found this amazing recipe for Creme Egg Cookies on She Who Bakes I had to share it. It is a delicious cookie with a mini creme egg baked in the middle, and fondant icing on the top, and they look incredible.
You can pick up Mini Creme Eggs on offer at Sainsbury's* right now for 75p a bag, and here's the rest of what you'll need:
- 125g cold unsalted butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mini Creme Eggs
- Bar of Dairy Milk
- Fondant Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Blend together the butter and caster sugar, then add in the egg.
- Sift in the flour and add the vanilla.
- Once a dough has been made, tip it out onto the side and knead into a ball. Wrap this in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, break off a small amount of dough. Place a Mini Creme Egg in the centre and wrap it in dough. Roll this in your hands until you have a smooth round ball and you can't see the Mini Creme Egg.
- Place your Mini Creme Egg stuffed dough balls on a baking tray and chill again for a further 15 minutes. Once chilled, bake in the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- When they are baking, get the toppings ready. You will need Dairy Milk and Fondant Icing Sugar.
- Melt your Dairy Milk in the microwave. Make up two bowls of Fondant Icing Sugar as directed. Leave one bowl white and colour one orange.
- Fill three piping bags with your toppings. Once your cookies have baked and cooled, drizzle them with toppings.
Recipe and image from the wonderful She Who Bakes