There have been a few posts circulating with pictures of Creme Egg Scotch Eggs. I have to admit I do like a sweet treat and these look divine. They certainly bring new meaning to the tagline 'How do you eat yours?'.
Cadbury Creme Eggs don't come dirt cheap, but the supermarkets tend to have offers on them, off and on until Easter. If you're not wanting to go down to the supermarket then Amazon sell themhere*. A box of 48 is just £14.40, which is a great price!
Creme Egg Scotch Eggs
Now you have sorted your egg supply, here are two different recipes for you to try:
What you'll need:
- 20g Desiccated Coconut*
- 100g Cake... this can be a Chocolate Sponge or even a Madeira.
- 1 tablespoon Seedless Raspberry Jam or Lemon Curd*
- 4 Cadbury Creme Eggs*(without the foil of course!)
- Toast the coconut. I do this in a dry frying pan on the hob, and it takes well under one minute so be vigilant or it'll burn.
- Break the cake into small crumbs.
- Put the jam into a small pan and heat it.
- Use half of the warm jam to pour into the cake crumbs.
- Your mix will look pink or yellow if you used lemon curd.
- Using your hands mould the cake mix around each Cadbury Creme Egg.
- Smear the remaining jam around the eggs and roll into the toasted coconut.
For Recipe Two, you'll need:
- 280g Digestive Chocolate Biscuits*
- 140g Butter (Unsalted), melted
- 6 Cadbury Creme Eggs (again, take that foil off!)
- A pack of Cadbury Mini Eggs*
- Condensed Milk*... just enough to make the outside of the eggs sticky.
- Crush the Cadbury Mini Eggs until into fine pieces. Put this to one side for now.
- Now, crush the chocolate digestives until it's the consistency of rough sand.
- Melt the butter and pour into the digestive mixture.
- Your mixture should now be stick together when pressed.
- Brush on a very thin layer of condensed milk onto the Cadbury Creme Eggs.
- Push on the biscuit mix until the egg is fully covered.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Now coat your eggs in another thin layer of condensed milk and roll them in the crushed Mini Eggs.
- Make sure the eggs are completed covered or they will be very sticky indeed.
- Devour when the kids are in bed for maximum pleasure!
If you make yours in a different way, then please share it with us. We love an excuse to stuff our mouths with chocolate.
Image Credit: Reveal.co.uk
Sign up for our
Never miss a deal from Playpennies with our daily newsletter