We are all on the lookout for School Uniform at the right prices. With the High Street stores and Supermarkets competing for our hard earned cash, where is the best place to buy those Back to School items? This guide will help you find the hardest wearing School Uniform for the lowest prices.
Latest School Uniform Offers
- FREE Next Day Delivery when you spend £30 on school uniform @ Asda George*
- Buy One Get One Half Price on uniform essentials @ Debenhams*
- 20% off selected school shoes @ Debenhams*
Compare Supermarket Uniform
In the Summer of 2017, PlayPennies ran a poll to see just where you Parents like to spend your money, when it comes to School Clothing. The results pretty much correlated with the personal opinions of the PlayPennies Team as well.
Marks and Spencer* came out tops when we ran the poll last year, and we aren't surprised. Their School Clothes are not only affordable, but wash well and are hard wearing.
Asda George School Uniform* is a firm favourite with you guys in second place, and with prices from just £2 and that 100 Day Satisfaction we can see why.
School Uniform from TU Clothing*, ranked third in our Best School Uniform poll last year. The quality is great, but their prices tend to be a little more than those of their School Uniform selling competitors.
Morrisons' Nutmeg* didn't fare so well in our 2017 School Uniform Poll, but the fact it's so cheap and they offer that 200 Day No Quibble Quality Guarantee means it's a win-win situation buying from them.
Aldi* didn't feature in our poll last year, but we are sure if they had done, they would have came somewhere near the top. After all, you'll struggle to find cheaper than £5 for the full Uniform ensemble.
Very* wasn't featured in the 2017 Poll, but was highly rated by a couple of PlayPennies Team Members, for good quality, although more expensive than other places.
Debenhams* was almost on par with Morrisons near the bottom of the results, and whilst we know their quality isn't bad, it's value for money that lets it down. One of the more pricey places to pick up School Clothes.
Asda George School Uniform
Asda George are one of the more popular places to buy School Uniform* from. With their 100 Day Satisfaction Guarantee*and prices from just £2, it's a no-brainer. Plus they literally cater for everyone, including College and Sixth Form*.
- Cobalt Blue School Sweatshirt* from £2
- Girls Grey School Playsuit*£6
- Girls Black School Jersey Charm Trousers* from £3
- Boys Charcoal School V-Neck Tank Top* from £2.50
- Boys Grey School Slim Leg Traditional Shorts* from £3.50
- White School Polo Shirt 2 Pack* from £2.50
- Girls White School Long Sleeve Pintuck Blouse* from £3.50
TU Clothing at Sainsbury's sell a wide range of School Clothes*, and as well as available in store, you'll find it online too. They are priced at a slightly higher price point, than the other supermarkets, but often hold 25% off all Clothing events, which make them as cheap, if not cheaper for some Back to School items.
- Unisex White Polo Shirts 3 Pack* from £3.50
- Black Woven Plus Fit Trousers 2 Pack* from £7
- Grey Cargo Shorts 2 Pack* from £7
- Black 2 Pack Jersey Skater Skirt* from £12
- White Embroidered Blouses 2 Pack* from £5
- Blue Classic Gingham Dress* from £4.50
- Black Scalloped Cardigan 2 Pack* from £6
It's handy picking up School Uniform* when you are doing your weekly shop (in store or online), in fact it's a great way to spread the cost. At Morrisons, you can pick up Nutmeg School Clothes from £2 and don't even worry about the quality, as you're covered with the 200 Day No Quibble Quality Guarantee.
This means that if you are unhappy with your purchase of Nutmeg School Clothing, you have up to 200 days to return it to a Morrisons store and receive a replacement or refund.
- Nutmeg Girls Skort*from £3
- Nutmeg Girls Green Cardigan* from £2
- Nutmeg Girls Peplum Shirt* £3
- Nutmeg Girls Blue Jersey Gingham Dress* from £4
- Nutmeg Boys Black Regular Trouser Size 12-13 Years 2 Pack* £10
- Nutmeg Boys White Polos* from £3
- Nutmeg Boys Charcoal Short* from £4
Aldi £5 School Uniform
For the past couple of years, Aldi have sold a School Uniform Package for £5*. It's back for 2018 and includes FULL SCHOOL UNIFORM. It'll be available in store from Thursday 12th July and available to pre-order online from the Sunday 8th July.
The Boys' £5 School Uniform includes:
- 2 Pack Plain Polo Shirts
- Round Neck Sweatshirt
The Girls' £5 School Uniform includes:
- 2 Pack Plain Polo Shirts
- Round Neck Sweatshirt
Next Girls School Uniform
Next aren't known to be the cheapest for School Uniform, but they are renowned for their trendy styles and good quality. They cater for new starters, all the way through to teens in their final year. The Girls School Uniform* starts from just £3.50...
- Polo Shirts Three Pack* from £9
- Drop Waist Gingham Dress* from £7.50
- V-Neck Cardigan* from £7
- Gingham Blouse* from £6
- Skort* from £5
- Jersey Pencil Skirt* from £5
- Jersey Boot Cut Trousers* from £4
- Woven Boot Cut Trousers* from £3.50
We know Next is popular with you guys when it comes to Clothes for the kids. However, judging by last year's vote, and personal experiences of the PlayPennies team, it's School Uniform falls down on value for money, when compared to the supermarkets.
Next Boys School Uniform
- Formal Stretch Skinny Trousers* from £8
- White Long Sleeve Oxford Shirt* from £7
- Crew Neck Sweater* from £6
- Polo Shirts Two Pack* from £6
- Flat Shorts* from £5
H&M Kids School Uniform
H&Mdon't do School Uniform, because they are way too cool for that! What they do sell is Clothing that would be fashionable enough for your kids to wear to School...
- Cardigan with a tie belt£14.99
- Fine-knit cardigan £7.99
- Viscose trousers with smocking £8.99
- Suit trousers £14.99
- Polo shirt£3.99
- Viscose blouse £8.99
Marks and Spencer (M&S) School Uniform
Marks and Spencer are surprisingly one of the more affordable places on the High Street, to get School Uniform* from. Not only does their School Clothes* range start from just £2 , but they run 20% off events too. The 20% off School Uniform is on now...
- Unisex Pure Cotton T-Shirt* from £2
- Unisex Sweatshirt* from £4.80
- Unisex Pure Cotton Jumper*from £4.80
- Girls' Pure Cotton Cardigan* from £5.60
- 3 Pack Unisex Pure Cotton Polo Shirts* from £5.60
- Girls' Regular Leg knitted Trousers* from £5.60
- Unisex Cotton Rich Tank Top* from £5.60
- 2 Pack Girls' Easy to Iron Blouses* from £5.60
- Girls' Culottes* from £6.40
- Junior Girls' Embroidered Skirt*from £6.40
Matalan School Uniform
The Matalan School Shop* is the place to be for School Uniform on a budget. Items start from £3, and you can purchase their School Clothing range online, as well as in store.
- Unisex Crew Neck School Sweatshirt* from £3
- Boys Classic School Shorts* from £3.50
- Girls Jersey Skater School Skirt*from £4
- Boys Pull on School Trousers* from £5
- Girls Bow School Pinafore* from £8
- Girls Knit Collar Gingham School Dress & Scrunchie* from £6
Debenhams School Uniform
Debenhams are one of the more expensive School Uniforms* on the High Street, but they frequently do Sales Events which mean you can enjoy savings of up to 20% (sometimes even more if they have a Blue Cross Event on).
- Debenhams - Pack of two boys' grey flat front school trousers* now from £8.80
- Debenhams - Pack of two boys' grey classic school shorts* now from £6.40
- Debenhams - Children's grey school tank top* now from £4
- Debenhams - Children's dark red V-neck school jumper* now from £4.80
- Debenhams - Pack of 2 girls' white short sleeve blouses* now from £5.60
- Debenhams - Girls' pack of two white school polo shirts* now from £4
- Debenhams - '2 pack girls' navy pencil skirts* now from £14.40
Very School Uniform
You may not have thought about Very for School Uniform*, but they have a large selection to choose from. If you have an account with them, you could even "try before you buy". If you like to buy multiples of School Clothes, then Very do multipacks on most of their Uniform items.
- Girls 2 Pack Knitted School Cardigans* from £14
- Girls Black 2 Pack Jersey Pinafore Dress* from £12
- Girls Pk2 Jersey Tulip Skirts* from £10
- Schoolwear Girls Rib Collar Gingham School Dresses - Green (2 Pack)* from £10
- Girls 3 Pack Revere Collar Short Sleeve School Shirts* from £9
- 2 Pack V Neck Knitted School Jumpers* from £10
- Boys 5 Pack School Polo Shirts* from £10
- Schoolwear Boys Pull-On School Trousers - Grey (2 Pack)* from £10
Best School Uniform Deals
If you are on a tight budget then you NEED to check out these savings on School Uniform...
- 20% off School Uniform* at Marks and Spencer
- Grey School Crew Neck Jumper* was £4 now £2 from Asda George
- Girls Grey School Trousers* was £5 now £3 from Asda George
- Grey Slim-fit Trousers* was £14 now £7 from Asda George
- Suit trousers was £14.99 now £7 from H&M
Your School Uniform
If your School insists on Uniform with their emblem, badge or logo on, then Your School Uniform is the place to look. Simply search your Child's School and see what specialist School Clothing they sell.
Check out the Your School Uniform £1 Sale for Shirts, Sweatshirts, Trousers and more!
- Rib Hipster Trouser was £9.45 now £1
- Polo Shirtwas £6.95 now £1
- Sweatshirt crew neck style was £10.50 now £1
Where can I buy School Uniform on Sale?
Many retailers run discount events through the Summer, so it's easy to pick up discounted School Uniform. Marks and Spencer* do 20% off School Clothing, Debenhams* have frequent Sales, as do Very*. It's also worth noting that TU Clothing* at Sainsbury's do 25% off ALL Clothing, including Schoolwear, now and then too.
Can I benefit from a School Uniform Grant?
It is your local Council, that offers School Uniform Grants, therefore you must apply via them.
The eligibility criteria for the School Uniform Grant varies from Council to Council and the form you receive it in may be in Cash (paid into your bank account) or Vouchers for Shops.
The Clothing Grant is to assist with the purchasing of School Uniform, P.E Kit and Shoes.
Eligible criteria varies, so it's best to check with your local Council, if you think you may be entitled to assistance.
If you claim any of below, then the chances of you receiving the Grant is higher...
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit and where your income is less than £16,105
- Working Tax Credit, and where your income is less than £16,105 (this only applies to the clothing grant
- Support provided under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610
- Pupils who receive any of these benefits in their own right may also claim free School Meals.
If your local Council, is unable to assist you with the cost of buying School Uniform, then it's worth contacting the School your child will attend. They may have their own Uniform Fund, or pre-owned Uniform that they can give your child.
When is the Marks & Spencer School Uniform Sale?
The 20% off M&S School Uniform Sale* is now, until Wednesday 4th June 2018. If previous years are anything to go by, there will be another Sale by the end of August.