Banana bread is a favourite of mine, but baking can be a faff. However, I've found a great way of making it much simpler. I make my banana bread in the microwave. It really is easy to do, and doesn't even require any flour, which is a bonus when it's so hard to get hold of just now.
Microwave Flourless Banana Bread
- 160g oats*
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup*
- Pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg
- Whack the oats in a food processor until they are a fluffy flour consistency.
- Put all other ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add in the oaty floury dust and stir until it's a smooth batter.
- Microwave in a microwave-safe container, on high for four minutes.
- Enjoy the banana bread aroma as it fills your kitchen... scoff it before the kids realise what you've made!