Canon A3000 IS 10MP Camera £99.99 @ Argos
In my offline life (yes, I do have one) I'm also a photographer. I shoot with a beast of a Canon camera, the smallest I can get away with and still have full-frame shots (photo editors like full-frame), BUT for quick snapshots and general out and about shooting it's ridiculously big.
I've been thinking about picking up a little point and shoot for quite a while now, something that's got a lot of mega pixels for big picture printing potential, something that will let me override the automatic settings and go manual, flash, self-timer and all of the other things I'd expect to have as standard.
I don't want to pay the earth for it because for what I want it for that's just not necessary; reduced from £179.99 down to just £99.99 this Canon A3000 ticks ALL the boxes for me. Here's the spec':
- 10 mega pixels (more pixels = larger image file sizes = bigger printing size options)
- Metal body
- 4x optical zoom (always look at this rather than digital zoom)
- 4x digital zoom
- 128MB internal memory
- Memory card compatibility SD
- 2.7in LCD screen
- PictBridge compatible
- Optical image stabiliser (great if you find it difficult to stand still like a statue when you shoot)
- Face detection - 9 faces (love this feature!)
- In-camera red eye fix (and this one)
- Movie capture and playback with sound
- Maximum ISO range 100-1600 (how sensitive the camera's 'eye' is to the light: ISO 1600 will let you shoot in low light levels without the flash)
- 18 scene modes
- Intelligent scene mode
- Manual over-ride (YIPPEEE, for me at least)
- Self timer
- Built-in flash
- USB connection
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery (included)
- Depth 2.8cm
SO there you have it! I'd LOVE to have this for Mother's Day (which is on Sunday...don't FORGET!!) so I'm going to casually email the link to this post to my lovely big children and see if their teenage brains get the hint!
Huge thanks to grahawk over at HUKD for this one!