EDIT 24/07/20: Now sold out
Supermarket food boxes have been hugely popular for those self-isolating during the Covid-19 outbreak, but for many it's proving nearly impossible to get a groceries delivery slot booked. Asda have come up with a great solution, as they have just launched their own Cupboard Filler Box, and it's delivered by DPD so you don't have to fight for a delivery slot.
The price has also now dropped from the original £30 to just £15, still including delivery.
The Asda Cupboard Filler Box contains 31 essentials, and it's packed with basics to top up your supplies, and nothing that needs refrigeration so they don't need to be sent out in the regular supermarket delivery trucks with grocery orders.
A typical Asda Cupboard Filler Box may include:
- Cadbury Brunch Bar – Raisin 6 pack X 32G
- Asda Skipjack Tuna Chunks in Spring Water 3 pack X 80G
- Peanut & Raisin Mix 250G
- Shades Toilet Roll 4 pack
- 6 Petit Pain 300G
- Asda Bolognese Pasta Sauce 500G
- Heinz Cream of Chicken Soup 400G
- Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup 400G
- Asda Milk Chocolate Digestives 300G
- Asda Easy Cook Long Grain White Rice 500G
- Kenco Colombian Instant Coffee 100G
- Asda Smart Price Porridge Oats 1KG
- Del Monte Peach Slices in Light Syrup 227G
- Asda Bran Flakes 500G
- Asda Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice 2 x 400G
- Asda New Potatoes in Water 300G
- Asda Garden Peas in Water 290G
- Asda Sliced Carrots in Water 400G
- Asda Longlife Semi Skimmed Milk 1L
- Asda Original Washing Up Liquid 500ML
- Napolina Penne 500G
- Asda Extra Special Strawberry Jam 340G
- Asda Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce 2 x 410G
- KitKat 2 Finger Milk Chocolate Biscuit Bar 9 Pack X 20.7G
- Seabrook Crinkle Cut Potato Crisps Variety 6 Pack X 25G
- Asda Creamed Rice Pudding 400G
- Asda Strawberry and Raspberry Shower Gel 300ML
- 2 Baguettes 300G
- PG Tips Pyramid Tea Bags 80PK
Deliveries will be 7 days a week, between 6am and 8pm, using a courier such as DPD. England, Wales and Scotland are covered by this service with the exception of the postcodes listed here*.
Asda aim to deliver the food box within 2 days of you placing the order. You’ll receive a confirmation email which you can use to track the progress of your delivery. On the day of delivery, the courier will contact you via email to let you know your delivery time slot.
All deliveries will be contact-free, which means courier drivers will place your food box on your doorstep or in a safe place. The driver won’t ask you to sign anything - they will record your name to confirm the delivery on your behalf.