Claire's have issued an urgent recall on 9 of it's Cosmetic Sets following the discovery that one of the kits contained harmful Asbestos. Whilst this happened in the USA, the recall applies to the UK too, and is listed on the Claire's UK website.
Here are the Claire's Cosmetic Sets that are on recall:
- Metallic Hot Pink Glitter 48 Piece Makeup Set code 76094
- Ultimate Mega Make Up Set code 71844
- Pink Glitter Cellphone Makeup Compact code 26556
- Bedazzled Rainbow Heart Makeup Set code 11767
- Rainbow Bedazzled Star Make Up Set code 20926
- Rainbow Glitter Heart Shaped Makeup Set code 97275
- Mint Glitter Make Up Set code 74769
- Rainbow Bedazzled Rectangle Make Up Set code 21044
- Pink Glitter Palette with Eyeshadow & Lip Gloss code 97276
If your child has one of the affected sets DO NOT USE IT, under any circumstances. Whilst the recall is a precautionary measure, the inhalation of Asbestos can lead to life-threatening diseases, including certain types of cancers.
Return these items to a Claire's store near you for a full refund. If you have any questions or require further information, you can contact the Claire's Customer Service on +44 (0) 345 603 6088