Calls For Tommee Tippee Blender/Steamers To Be Taken Off The Shelves
A parent's worst nightmare is seeing their child choking. Imagine it was a fragment of plastic that had come loose off of your baby feeding equipment. You would be beside yourself and not very happy at all.
That's what has happened to Events manager Natalie Haake, 30, from London. She prepared her son Jack's pureed food, using the Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blender. They soon discovered that Jack had choked on a shard of plastic, when partner John Paul managed to get him to vomit.
Once it was apparent that it was plastic, Natalie checked other food she had prepared, and that too contained hard bits in it. That prompted her to check the Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blender, and what she found was loose shards of plastic in the food prep machine.
The couple are now calling for the Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blender to be recalled. They purchased the kitchen tool from Amazon and had only been using it for three weeks.
According to the Daily Mail, Tommee Tippee have stated:
'We do advise on reassembly and cleaning in the instructions, but it is up to us to make these points clearer still to ensure that Natalie's experience doesn't happen to anyone else.
'In the meantime, we'd like to ask all mums using this product to inspect the bowl to check that there are no signs of wear. If the bowl has no scars at the bottom, then mums can carry on using it as they have been, taking care to hand wash the blade unit and ensure the sealing ring is the correct way up. For details on how to do this, please click here.
'If mums notice any signs of wear on the bowl then we'd like them to contact us and we'll organise a replacement of the bowl and blade unit. They can contact us on 0500 97 98 99.
'Child safety is the most important part of everything we do, and all our products are designed and tested to ensure full compliance with all European Standards. We sell thousands of these blenders across the UK, and they receive great reviews, but we're always learning and always looking for ways we can improve our products, packaging and usage instructions.
'Naturally, we'll continue to keep Natalie informed as we continue our testing.'
We will keep our ears to the ground and let you know should this ongoing concern turn into a recall.
If you would like to find out more about what to do if your child is choking, head over here.
TOPICS: News and Recalls