Fancy making some homemade fudge with the kids to pass the time, but can't be bothered with another kitchen nightmare? You don't need to be skilled or have oodles of spare time to make Microwave Fudge. It's delicious and ideal for eating in front of Netflix.
- 400g caster sugar
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 100g butter (I use salted for that salted caramel flavour)
- Mix everything but the vanilla essence in a microwaveable bowl.
- Set your microwave to high and for two minutes. Keep adding ten seconds until the butter has melted.
- Pop it back into the microwave on high, but this time stop it to stir every two minutes.
- Once eight minutes has elapsed, stir in the vanilla essence.
- Pour the fudge mixture into a greased baking tray and leave to cool down.
- When at room temperature score into squares or cut into any shapes you like.
You can add in different flavours like cinnamon, Baileys*, chocolate or whatever else you like.