Make Banana Ghost Pops for Halloween
If you are worried about your children just getting lots of sweets and chocolate over Halloween then this is a healthier alternative - Banana Ghost Pops.
All you need is bananas, yoghurt, dessicated coconut and a few chocolate chips. It's so easy that the children can lend a hand too. Here's what to do:
- Peel your bananas and freeze then for a few hours. When frozen cut them into thirds.
- Put a lolly stick into the end of each piece of banana and dip it into the yoghurt to coat it.
- Roll the yoghurt covered banana in the coconut until it's coated.
- Add two chocolate chips for eyes (or raisins if you want to avoid chocolate altogether).
- If not being eaten immediately store them in the freezer so that the banana doesn't get all mushy.
There you go, easy peasy. I think even I could manage that! And they do look delicious!
Thanks to Super Healthy Kids for the recipe and image.