With the new year here, it's a given that many of us (myself included) will start a weight loss journey. Sure, many will fall at the first hurdle and will fail within the first week - others will plough on and hit targets they never thought they could. What's the secret? Firstly, willpower is the most important thing of all, but there are little helpful items that'll stop you from falling off of the wagon.
Scratching your head as to what you can and can't eat? Diet cookbooks are a real helpful way to inspire you to cook the right food to aid your weight loss. The world is your oyster, as the market is absolutely saturated with them.
- Pinch of Nom Quick & Easy: 100 Delicious, Slimming Recipes*£10 from Amazon
- Twochubbycubs Fast and Filling: 100 Delicious Slimming Recipes* £8 from Amazon
- Joe Wicks 30 Day Kick Start Plan: 100 Delicious Recipes with Energy Boosting Workouts* £7 from Amazon
- Feel Great Lose Weight: Long term, simple habits for lasting and sustainable weight loss*£10 from Amazon
- Eat Better Forever: 7 Ways to Transform Your Diet* £17.32 from Amazon
Fitbit or Fitness Tracker
One of the biggest motivators to get you moving more, thus burning calories, is to get a fitness tracker or Fitbit. Some of these can be linked to an app where you have online support, and targets to work towards...
- Fitbit Inspire 2 Health & Fitness Tracker* now £57.99 delivered @ Amazon
- Sudugo Smart Watch* £24.99 delivered @ Amazon
- TEMINICE High-End Fitness Trackers HR*£31.99 delivered @ Amazon
Diet Journal / Food Diary
You'd be surprised how many people fail at weight loss simply because they don't realise what they are tucking away on a daily basis. Whether you're on Slimming World, Keto, Weight Watchers or counting calories - a food diary or diet journal can be a helpful tool to keep you on the right track...
- My Slimming Diary*£4.99 from Amazon
- A5 Food Diary*£5.85 delivered from Amazon
- Slimming World Compatible Food Journal with Stickers* £6.25 delivered from eBay
Having an accurate set of scales can make the difference between success and failure at shedding the pounds. Some people like to weigh themselves at a local Boots where they have the digital scales, and others like to weigh more frequently, so like to have their own set in the bathroom...
- Bluetooth Body Fat Scale Digital Bathroom Scales* £12.99 from Amazon
- Argos Home Compact Mechanical Bathroom Scale* £7 from Argos
Portion control is the downfall of most of us these days - even those that aren't dieting. A portion plate can ensure you're eating just the right quantities to lose weight (or maintain).
It's a no-brainer that exercise helps burn the calories to lose weight. Choosing equipment that you will use is the key to it working for you. The market has so much to offer from weights to treadmills and much more.
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M Foldable Manual Walking Treadmill*£159.99delivered from Amazon
- Kettlebells* from £12.99 delivered from Amazon
Weight Loss Progress Plaques
So you're losing weight and want to keep up the momentum. Weight loss plaques are such a super way to log your progress and in turn help you to carry on towards your end goal.
- Weight Loss Tracker Chalkboard*£3.99 from Amazon
- Weight Loss Journey Board* from £5.99 delivered @ eBay Store: Fancy Crafts UK
It used to be fitness DVDs that were all the rage, but now it's YouTube we turn to for those free workouts that'll have us losing lbs rather than lbs.
Check out Body Project for those low impact workouts to begin with.
Having a friend or acquaintance that is on the same diet journey as you can really help push you that bit further. You may need someone to stop you from eating that Tunnocks Teacake, or someone that you'd like to compete with. Having support when it comes to losing weight is a good way to stay on the right road.
Good luck on your weight loss/fitness journey during 2022!
Image Credits: Google, Next and eBay Store: Woodenformcrafts