Halloween is a fun time for adults and kids alike. You can run out of dressing up ideas when your child has numerous social events - Halloween Parties, Discos, Dress Up Day at School and Trick or Treating. We have some great ideas for easy Halloween Hairstyle to mix things up a bit without costing an arm and a leg.
- Put hair into a high ponytail.
- Use four Black Pipe Cleaners an twist them in half, so that you're left with eight Spider Legs.
- Get a Hair Doughnut* and thread the hair through the middle.
- Use Hairgrips to hold the Doughnut in place.
- Pull the hair over and tuck under the Doughnut until you have a smooth bun.
- Bend Pipe Cleaners so that the Spider Legs look jointed.
- Optional: Spray the bun black with hairspray and add some googly eyes.
- Section hair into six rows from the front to back of the head. As if you're doing a half up-half down style.
- Starting with your first row, section the first two cms horizontally and add a no snag hair-ties*.
- Work along the rows doing the same.
- Starting with that first row again, split it in half and connect with the other half of the row next to it and fix with a hair-ties.
- Keep splitting the rows like that and you will have a web like design in now time.
- Optional: Spray with silver or white hairspray for added effect.
- Take two thin sections of hair at the top of the head.
- Tie them into little ponytails with no snag hair-ties and fix in a Pipe Cleaner in each. You should have two thin high ponytails with Pipe Cleaners in the middle.
- Do a simple three strand plait with the ponytail split in half and the pipe cleaner as your third strand.
- Fix with a no snag hair-tie.
- Bend into Cat Ear shape and pin the end down with hair grips*.
- Put all of the hair into a high ponytail.
- Take some Orange Ribbon and loop it under hair-tie at the base of the pony tail
- Fix a Hair Doughnut securely to the back of the head with hair pins. You want it sitting flat to the back of the head.
- Spread and smooth the ponytail over the Doughnut and tuck underneath.
- Secure the hair on the underside with more hair pins. Leave the ribbon out until your chignon is made.
- Now, pull the ribbon over the chignon. Make sure it's tucked under and fixed into place.
- If you would like to skip the ribbon part you can. Just spray with some orange hairspray* instead.
- Finally, decorate with some artificial green leaves to simulate the stalk.
- Comb all the hair back from the face. Take a decent sized section of hair from the top.
- Split the section into three and plait it once (take the right piece into the middle and then the left)
- When you go to take the right piece for a second time, grab a section from the loose hair and put it with it and braid.
- Keep doing this until you have a complete French Plait.
- Alternatively, put the hair into a high ponytail and fishtail braid it all the way down and fix with a hair-tie at the bottom.
- Now to add some props... poke some plastic bones* into the braid to make it look skeleton like.
- Optional: spray the whole braid white.
Image Credits: Cat Ears - cutegirlshairstyles.com, Spider Web -hairbylori.com, Pumpkin - princesspiggies.blogspot.co.uk, Spider - alittlecraftinyourday.com and Skeleton - minimalisti.com.