I am nearly speechless. These look like the most delicious treats I have ever seen. I can just about tear myself away from the picture to give you the recipe, which comes courtesy of the Hershey's Reeses website. (Don't click on it unless you want to lose half an hour drooling over desserts!)
As the recipe is from an American site so are all the measurements, but I'm sure the bakers amongst you will be okay with that. My notes are in italics as I had to look up what we use in the UK when it says 'all purpose flour'!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (I'm sure any cocoa will do, just don't tell Hershey's)
- 4 egg(s), beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (Plain flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Mini Peanut Butter Cups, divided
- 1/2 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter, creamy (Pretty sure any smooth peanut butter will suffice)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add 2 cups sugar and cocoa; stir to blend. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Stir together flour, salt and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in 2/3 cup mini peanut butter cups; spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Combine peanut butter and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Drop by tablespoons onto chocolate batter. Swirl with metal spatula or knife for marbled effect.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownie starts to pull from edges of pan and is set. Cool 45 minutes; sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup peanut butter cups over surface, pressing in slightly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares or triangles. Makes about 24 brownies.
- Eat and eat until you feel sick. Take a short break. Eat the rest. Sorry, it's me again now.
If you want to try this you can buy the Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups from either Asda* or Tesco*, and they are a bit pricey at £2.30 to £3 a bag... but they are delicious. If you want the authentic Reeses Peanut Butter then Asda* and Tesco* sell it at an eye watering £3.49 a jar.
Hope you like the brownies... save some for me? Please?
Recipe sourced from Hershey's Reeses.