You'll see in magazines that say "such and such foundation is a must-have for every woman every woman" etc, but there's no such thing. If you have parched, lacklustre, textured skin then you need to check out our Top Ten Foundations for Dry Skin.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Éclat Foundation* £35, from John Lewis
2. MAC Cosmetics Studio Sculpt Liquid Foundation* £27.50, from Debenhams
3. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation* £32, from Feel Unique
4. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation* £32-£33, from Fabled
5. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation* £10.99, from Superdrug
6. Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation* £29.50, from Smashbox
7. Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hour Foundation with Comfort Serum* £8.29, from Boots
8. No7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation 30ml* £15, from Boots
9. Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF* £45, from Bobbi Brown
10. Revolution Pro Foundation Drops* £7, from Superdrug
How Do I Stop Foundation From Clinging To Dry Skin?
The best way to stop those crusty, orange, dry patches is to prepare you skin first. Exfoliate once a week, or opt for a gentle Daily Exfoliant, like Dermalogica Microfoliant*.
Make sure to use a Moisturiser that is heavy duty (No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Dry / Very Dry Skin* is ideal) and work it into the skin at least ten minutes before applying any make-up. Rosehip Oil* is a great alternative to a Cream Moisturiser.
Your final step should be a primer... ideally something quenching for the skin like L'Oreal Infallible Anti-Fatigue Primer*.