Easter Freebie: Iced Easter Biscuits
Fancy a lovely free recipe for your Easter preparations this year? Well, Kirstie Allsopp has got together with Carnation to create some scrumptious recipes that are free to copy and easy to make. They are making me hungry….
Makes 20 biscuits
150g (5½oz) butter
150g (5½oz) brown sugar
175g (6oz) Carnation Condensed Milk
175g (6oz) plain flour
115g (4oz) self raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
Coloured icing tubes and Nestlé confectionary, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan ovens), Gas Mark 4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Beat the butter, sugar and condensed milk together until creamy. Add the egg (don’t worry if it looks like its curdling), beat well and then add the flours. Mix to a firm dough. Cover in clingfilm and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin. Cut shapes out.
- Transfer the biscuit shapes to the trays and bake for 10 minutes until light golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Ice and decorate the biscuits.
TOPICS: Community Favourites