Make this year super special with The Best Christmas Eve Box Ideas 2018. This article is full of hints and tips and includes everything you need (and more!).
What is a Christmas Eve Box?
A Christmas Eve box is an important Christmas tradition for many families – as much as decorating the Christmas tree together or leaving out a little tipple for Santa. The idea is that you open a Christmas Eve box together – on Christmas Eve, of course – and then settle down for a festive evening of fun family time, enjoying the Christmassy treats inside.
What should you put in a Christmas Eve box?
Anything that will help you have a magical Christmas Eve, including a family Christmas film, festive snacks, and possibly even a little note from Santa reminding the kids to hop off to bed without delay so that he and his elves can get to work.
- Wilko Santa Milk Chocolate Coins 60g* 50p from Wilko
- Christmas Swirly Straw Tumbler - Penguin* £1 from B&M
- Elf DVD* £3.99 from Home Bargains
Christmas Eve Box for Adults
Who says Christmas Eve Boxes are just for kids? If you think about all the effort that goes into the planning and preparation of Christmas, then you'll agree that you deserve some festive magic too.
Pop these in your Christmas Eve Boxes for some Christmas indulgence...
- Edinburgh Plum and Vanilla Gin 50cl*£14.49 from Amazon
- The Christmas Pick-Me-Up* £12 from Hotel Chocolat
- Personalised Christmas 'Mrs' Mason Jar* £12 delivered from Lisa Angel
- Mummy Elf Christmas T-Shirt* £6 from Matalan
- Elf Christmas Slipper Socks* £3 from Matalan
Christmas Eve Box for Toddlers
When children are little, Christmas is nothing short of amazing. Their little faces etch onto our hearts and we cherish the memories forever.
Make your tots Christmas Eve even more magic with these...
- Penguin Glitter Christmas Tumbler & Straw* £5 from Matalan
- Quackers Rubber Christmas Duck Bath Toys Pack of 6* £12.99 from Amazon
- Pretend Play Felt Food For Santa Set*£8 from Not On The High Street
- Navy Christmas Twosie Set* from £5 from Asda George
Christmas Eve Box for Babies
It's a baby's 1st Christmas and you want it to be perfect. They might not be aware of what's going on, but you can make it one to remember with these...
- Christmas Record Card Pack*was £6 now £1.80 from Mamas and Papas (Click & Collect only)
- Unisex My First Christmas Socks* £3 from Matalan
- Christmas White All in One and Headband* £6 from Asda George
- Personalised Christmas Teddy Bear* from £24.99 delivered from Etsy
Christmas Eve Box for Husband
Christmas Eve Boxes for men needn't be difficult to put together. Stick to these three rules and you can't go wrong: 'make it boozy', 'make it funny' and 'make it yummy'.
- Christmas Beers from £2.49 from Beer Hawk
- Elf Christmas Jumper* £16 from Asda George
- Christmas Selection* £10 (or three for £20) from Thorntons
Family Christmas Eve Box
Individual Christmas Eve Boxes can work out expensive if you have more than one child, so why not do a big Family Christmas Eve Box instead?
- Elf Squad Matching Pyjamas* from £3.99 from eBay
- The Snowman and the Snowdog (DVD and Toy Gift)* £10 from Zoom
- Christmas Family Photo Props* £5.99 from Amazon
- Christmas Pass The Parcel Brussel Sprout Game* £5.99 from This Is It Stores
Don't forget to take plenty of photos!
Little Extras to Add In
It'snice to enjoy a Hot Chocolate*to help get you feeling sleepy. It's also a good bribe for the kids if they are being a little bit awkward at bedtime.
Magic reindeer food is a must for those younger believers - rustle up some magic reindeer food to pop in your Christmas Eve Box, for Rudolph and pals to find their way to your house. Mix one cup of porridge oats with two teaspoonfuls of glitter - it's a recipe straight from the North Pole, you know - get the kids to sprinkle it all over your garden or driveway on Christmas Eve.
Another good 'prop' to put in the box isSanta's key*. Kids are canny these days, so if you don't have a chimney, you might want to pop a magic key into your Christmas Eve box so that Santa can let himself in to do the honours on Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve Box Poem
A short but sweet Poem can stay with your child forever - keep it to the point and it can be a real special addition to that box of festivities.
Here's an idea:
The night before Christmas can be exciting, get to bed early and switch off the lighting. Come morning time your presents will be here, so enjoy yourself from now 'til the New Year.
or something more traditional...
Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.
by Clement Clarke Moore
Keeping little ones at peace on Christmas Eve can be a mean feat, but Colouring-in can be a brilliant way to relax those over-excited nippers. Why not print off some Christmas Eve Activity Sheet Printables.
Christmas Eve Box Letter From Santa
Last, but not least, why not pop a letter from Santa himself in your Christmas Eve box? You can even get your little one to write to Santa at the North Pole and then pop his reply in your Christmas Eve box.
Personalised Christmas Eve Box
Here are some nice Personalised Christmas Eve Boxes:
- Personalised Christmas Eve Box* from £2.55 from eBay
- Personalised Christmas Eve Box* £16.99 from Amazon
- Personalised Christmas Eve Box - Large Traditional* £29.99 from Studio
- Personalised Cream Wooden Christmas Eve Box* £35 from My 1st Years
- Personalised Wooden Family Christmas Eve Box* £145 from Not On The High Street
- Personalised Christmas Gift Wooden MDF Eve Box*£15.99 from eBay
Wooden Christmas Eve Box
Check out these Wooden Christmas Eve Boxes:
What's going in your Christmas Eve box this year? Come and tell us all about it over on our Facebook page...