There have been two new recalls for products from Smyths and Wilkinsons listed on the Trading Standards website, so here are the details of those and the others we have been made aware of recently just as a reminder for those who may have missed them:
- NEW - Doc McStuffins Bath Set. The ears from the Stuffy toy can come off and present a choking hazard.
- NEW - Galaxy Cookie Crumble Chocolate Bars. Some 100g bars dated BBE Aug 2016 have been found to contain pieces of plastic.
- NEW - Wilkinsons: Children's Wild West Hat. There has been an issue of the cord presenting a risk of strangulation, so the hat has been recalled. You are advised to return them to stores, or remover the cord if you wish to continue using them. The hat is still for sale both online and in stores, but from the picture it looks as though the cord is no longer included.
- NEW - Smyths Toys: 3Foot Sir Hockey Table. This is subject to an immediate recall due to an electrical fault. You can obtain a replacement or refund, and all the details can be found here.
- Asda: Little Angels Newborn Soothers. These were recalled this week due to the risk of the teat becoming detached and presenting a choking hazard.
- Asda: Light-Up Spiderman Costume. Recalled due to incorrect batteries in the light up chest piece 'exploding'.
- Mothercare: Stoke Trailz Pushchair. Recalled earlier this year due to a fall hazard being identified.
- Mothercare: Rosebud Country House Dolls House. Recalled due to a safety issue.
- Toys R Us: Just Like Home Toaster. An issue was identified with the toy toast shattering into sharp pieces.
- Dunelm Mill: CJ Bear. The filling on the bears could be exposed presenting a choking hazard.
For more information on any of these items, why they have been recalled and any action you need to take please click on the product name and follow the links.