Back To School: Alternative School Wear For Teenagers
As soon as I hit the age of 13, I no longer wanted a pleated skirt from M&S nor some twee school jumper from BHS. Back in my day, it wasn't acceptable to deviate from the School Uniform list, but it is in many schools today.
We aren't talking about going completely off the rails, but tidy, fashionable clothing that your teenager might actually want to wear.
Here's a list of places that you need to check out for trendy Schoolwear:
- Boohoo.com: Natasha Woven Black Skinny Trousers* only £18, Adaira Black Peplum Pencil Skirt* just £10, Daisy Boyfriend Cardigan* £15 (available in black, charcoal, navy and wine), Men's Longline Festival Cardigan* £18 (use promo code 40MENS to get it for just £10.80) and Layla Peplum Shirt* just £18.
- Miss Selfridge: Black Rib Midi Skirt* only £32, White Ruffle Bib Shirt* only £32 and Black Pencil Skirt* just £25.
- New Look: Teens Black Jersey Tube Skirt* only £3.99, Teens Black High Waisted Skater Skirt* just £7.99, Teens 2 Pack White Short Sleeve Shirts* only £9.99 and Teens Black Fine Knit Jumper* just £7.99.
- River Island: White Sleeveless Peplum Shirt* was £32 now £15, White Oversized Shirt* just £25 and Black Jersey Maxi Skirt*only £12.
- Topshop: Long Sleeve Frill Back Shirt* £36 (ouch!), Buttoned Mini Kilt Skirt* just £29, Wave Hem Flippy Skirt* £26 and Fisherman Rib Cardigan* £39.
Safe to say that the cheapest places to shop for your teen's school attire is Boohoo.com and New Look.