Store cupboard staples such as pasta, rice and noodles are quickly being snapped up by shoppers during the UK lockdown. If you're struggling to get hold of pasta and it's one of your little ones favourite dishes then fear not. We have found a way to make your own fresh pasta using just TWO INGREDIENTS!
Jamie Oliver's Super Quick Fresh Pasta recipe is not only quick, it is incredibly easy to make too. All you need is flour and water! There's no pasta machine needed either!
Here's the ingredients and method for you:
- 2 large handfuls of plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- Put the flour in a bowl, then gradually mix in just enough water to bring it together into a ball of dough (if it’s sticky, add a little extra flour).
- Knead for just a couple of minutes, or until smooth and shiny.
- On a flour-dusted surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the pasta to about 2mm thick.
- Dust it well with flour, then loosely roll it up. Use a sharp knife to slice it ½cm thick, then toss it with your hands to separate the strands.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then drain and toss with your chosen sauce.
Easy as pie! I've made this recipe myself before and I have to say it's as easy as it sounds. I like to roll mine out and then use a pizza cutter to slice my pasta dough into strands.
Let us know if you will be giving this a go or if you have already tasted the recipe, we would love to hear from you over on our FaceBook page!