If your kids are into their mini beasts or gardening this looks like a great nature project for them, as you get a free Bee Saver Kit with a donation at Friends Of The Earth. The suggested donation is £5, but any amount from £1 can be given for the Bee Saver Kit.
The kits helps children to make the garden more bee-friendly and includes lots of information and ideas, as well as practical items like wildflower seeds.
Here's what you get in your Bee Saver Kit:
- Wildflower seeds – grow bee food so your neighbourhood bees don't go hungry.
- A garden planner – to help you create a bee-friendly garden all year round.
- A bee spotter guide – so you can identify your new garden visitors.
- Step by step guide - full of useful hints and tips for saving bees.
- Bee postcards - to send to your loved ones.
You can find more about the campaign, and why it's important to save Britain's bees at Friends Of The Earth, and order your kit to get the kids involved.
Images: Friends of the Earth