Getting heaps of presents at Christmas is great, but then you have the headache of where to store them. The kids' bedrooms are the worst! It's just a sea of toys, and if I stand on something new, there will be trouble. Here are ways to help organise the Christmas chaos.
Plastic Storage Boxes
Plastic storage boxes are handy for any room in the home. The beauty is you get them in a multitude of sizes and you can get see-through ones, so you can see what's in it without having to rummage about...
- Argos Home Pair of Plastic Storage Boxes - Pink* was £12.99 now £9.99 from Argos
- Argos Home 10 Litre Plastic Storage Box* just £3.35 from Argos
- Wilko Modular Storage Box and Lid 75l* was £9 now £5 from Wilko
- Wilko Modular Storage Box and Lid 30l* was £5 now £3 from Wilko
These ones are great for under the bed:
- Argos Home Set of 2 Supa Nova 30L Underbed Storage Boxes* just £8.99 from Argos
- Wilko Underbed Box Pink 32L* was £4 now £3 from Wilko
Winter duvets, big coats and so on. There's stuff that can be packed away until you need them again in 9 months time. Sure, they are bulky, but get vacuum bags/packs and you can really shrink them down, for easy storage.
- Wilko Vacuum Sealed Storage Bags Large 2pk* was £6 now £4.80 from Wilko
- logei 10 Pack Vacuum Compression Storage Space Saving Seal Plastic Bags* £11.59 from Amazon
- Protect & Store Easi-Vac Family Vacuum Roll Storage Bag 6 pack* £10.99 from Argos
Make a feature out of your storage and get a nice bookshelf. One with drawers too can be super handy at storing bits and bobs. Choose a nice on and it can really be the focal point of a room.
- Wooden Kids Children's Bookshelf* £14.99 delivered from eBay
- Habitat Drew 4 Shelf Bamboo Shelving Unit* was £60 now £29.49 from Argos
- Metro Tall Wide Bookcase* was £42 now £27 from Very
- Corona Display Unit* was £149 now £119 from Dunelm
Tower Storage Units
Tower Storage Units are super for clothing, toys, craft supplies... you name it! They have the functionality of a chest of drawers, but without the cost. A lot of them come on casters, so you can wheel them about.
- Argos Home 4 Drawer Black Plastic Tower Storage Unit* was £14.99 now £8.99 from Argos
- Purity 4 Drawer Wide Tower* £50 from Dunelm
- Trofast Storage Unit with Drawers* £53.50 from IKEA
Toy boxes are a must if the kids have a messy room. You can go all out and get them a personalised wooden one, or pick a colourful, fun looking one in the hope it'll entice the little darlings into clearing their flamin' rooms...
- Personalised Panelled Toy Chest* was £49.99 now £29.99 from Studio
- Hello Home Room to Build Toy Box* £49.99 from Argos
- Treasure Chest Toy Box with Black Lid* £9.99 from The Range
Cube Storage Units
The IKEA Kallax is one of the most popular cube storage units out there, and that's for good reason. They can stand up vertically like a tall bookshelf, or horizontally like a low-lying tv unit.
- Kallax Cube Storage Units* from £20 from IKEA
- Argos Home Squares 2 Cube Storage Unit* was £14.99 now £11.99 from Argos
Have a clear-out
This is the most obvious one, but with December being one of the most hectic months of the year, who has time for a mass clear-out before the festive season? Arm yourself with some black bags and be ruthless with the old stuff! I mean you might have adequate storage, but just too much stuff that's not getting used!
Donate to charity
If you have clutter that is doing nothing more than collecting dust, then it may be time to part with it. Your local charity shops will be glad of the donations and you'll not only gain some space back in your home, but a warm fuzzy feeling from doing good.