From time to time these toddler rein backpacks come up here on PlayPennies, and they cause a lot of conversation, to say the least. Amazon have the Ladybird Toddler Safety Backpack with harnesses straps available for £1.97, with free delivery. The Bat version is £1.95, also delivered, and the Angel Wings are a little more at £4.34.
- Click here for the Ladybird Toddler Safety Backpack from Amazon*
- Click here for the Bat Backpack from Amazon*
- Click here for the Angel Wings Backpack*
I used to be dead against putting toddlers on reins, until I had a toddler, and then two! I suddenly and quickly became a fan. I didn't have my girls in a pram, but I did have them close.
I have one of the ladybird backpacks, and I can tell you three things about it:
1) It's a really small backpack, in comparison to some better known brands. It's a great size for a very small toddler - like a two - three year old - as they can't put much in it. It's perfectly sized for their snacks on a day out though, or a nappy and small bag of wipes if you want to head out without bags.
2) It's perfectly functional, and it works well, but it's not sewn as well as some of the more expensive brands, but in two years of use, we've never had a problem with it.
3) If it's something you're going to use every day, you might want to invest in something more expensive, but if you're going to be using it occasionally, for a holiday, or just to have a spare one, they are superb, and at the price, I think you can't go wrong!