KFC Chicken Tuesday: 9 Piece Bucket now £3
KFC run a Chicken Tuesday offer, and they have confirmed that it's now 1/2 price in line with the Eat Out To Help Out scheme. That means a bucket of 9 Pieces of our Famous Original Recipe chicken will set you back just £3! This offer is available on Tuesdays until Tuesday 18th August 2020. Only available in KFC restaurants, not available for delivery.
McDonald's Happy Meals Now Come With A Choice Of Book Or Toy
Want some good news from McDonald's? From today the fast food chain are making a permanent change to Happy Meals, so kids can get EITHER a book or a toy with their meal*. The move is part of McDonald's efforts to remove over 3,000 metric tons of plastic from the business from 2021, with all hard-plastic toys going by next year.
McDonald's, KFC, Nando's And More Drop Prices To Pass On VAT Cut To Customers
Remember the Chancellor's announcement about the Eat Out To Help Outscheme to get us all going back to restaurants? At the same time he announced a drop in VAT from 20% to 5% across food and non-alcoholic drinks across restaurants, attractions and more coming into effect from today. Now the big fast food and restaurant chains are revealing whether they are passing those savings on to customers, with big names like McDonald's, KFC, Nando's and more dropping their prices!
Here's the biggest names dropping prices to reflect that VAT cut:
KFC VAT Price Drops
KFC* have announced that they will cut prices of main menu items to pass on the VAT cut to their customers. This applies to drive-through and collection only. From 15th July 2020 new prices will be as follows:
All KFC Sharing Buckets and Feasts will be £1 cheaper:
- Family Feast - 6 Pieces was £13.99 now £12.99
- Family Feast - 10 Pieces was £16.99 now £15.99
- Dipping Boneless Feast - 8 Mini Fillets Dips Bar was £15.99 now £14.99
- Dipping Boneless Feast - 12 Mini Fillets Dips Bar was £18.99 now £17.99
- Party Bucket was £25.99 now £24.99
- Bargain Bucket - 6 Pieces was £11.99 now £10.99
- Bargain Bucket - 10 Pieces was £14.99 now £13.99
- Bargain Bucket - 14 Pieces was £17.99 now £16.99
- Wicket Variety Bucket - 6 Pieces/4 Mini Fillets was £15.99 now £14.99
- Wicket Variety Bucket - 10 Pieces/4 Mini Fillets - was £18.99 now £17.99
KFC Meals For One will be 50p cheaper:
- Boneless Banquet was £6.49 now £5.99
- 4 Piece Boneless Dips was £6.29 now £5.89
- Mighty Bucket was £6.49 now £5.99
- 4 Pieces was £5.89 now £5.39
Nando's VAT Price Drops
Nando's* have announced that from 15th July 2020 they are passing on the full VAT price drop on to customers, by reducing the price of their entire food and drinks menu. The price drop will apply across eat-in, delivery and online click and collect orders.
Example price drops include:
- 1/4 PERi-PERi Chicken + 2 Sides was £7.75 now £6.75
- 1/2 PERi-PERi Chicken + 2 Sides was £11.20 now £9.80
- 10 Piece PERi-PERi Chicken Wing Roulette was £10.95 now £9.60
- Halloumi sticks and dip starter was £3.95 now £3.45
EDIT 23/07/20: Further price drops are coming to Nando's (dine-in only)
From the 3rd August Nando's will be further cutting their prices by 50% on all eat-in food products (on top of the current VAT discount). Some examples are provided below and the prices will be valid on the 3rd-5th, 10th-12th, 17th-19th & 24th-26th August. Please note the prices are valid when eating in only.
- 1/4 PERi-PERi Chicken + 2 Sides was £7.75 now £3.38
- Halloumi sticks and dip starter was £3.95 now £1.74
- ¼ PERi-PERi Chicken £1.85
McDonald's VAT Price Drops
McDonald's* has announced it will reduce its prices on a selection of classic menu items from 15th July 2020 due to the temporary government VAT cut. McDonald's has announced reduced prices on classics like the Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, 6 Chicken McNuggets, and the McCafe range. This includes a a 40p reduction on Extra Value Meals, 30p for every Happy Meal, and 50p on breakfast meals. The roll-back on prices only applies to selected items on takeaway and drive-thru orders (and dine-in when they re-open), but not McDelivery. Price drops are recommended to franchisees but are not compulsory. Deserts and cold drinks have not dropped in price. Here's what's reduced.
- 50p drop on Breakfast Meals
- 40p drop on Extra Value Meals
- 30p drop on Happy Meals
- 30p drop on single McMuffins
- 20p drop on McNuggets, the Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Fillet O'Fish, McChicken Sandwich, and Veggie Deluxe
- McCafe Coffee now 99p (was £1.39)
- McCafe Premium Coffee / Latte / Cappuccino now £1.49 (was £1.79