Mother's Day can be a minefield when it comes to gifts. It's one thing buying a token of your appreciation for your own mum or indeed even your other half's mother. But let's just say I can't be the only mum in the world who thinks that MY other half could do with a little bit of help when it comes to steering our beloved offspring towards a gift that I will genuinely love.
So, Playpennies decided to solve that problem for you this Mother's Day by compiling our top ten list of Mother's Day gifts that we'd totally love to wake up to on Sunday.
Drop a casual hint by tagging your other half in this post on our Facebook page, and then sit back, relax, and wait for your lovely pressie to arrive on Mother's Day morning!
1. Did someone say gin truffles? It seems a tincy bit wrong to 'ask' for a bottle of gin on Mother's Day, so how about a box of highly respectable Prestat gin truffles instead? A snip at just £2.99 from Waitrose, too!
2. There's wine, and there's wine delivered to your door in a special keepsake bottle. At £15.99 it ain't cheap plonk (but c'mon, who'd want that?) and right now you can snap up a bottle for £10.99 instead.
3. It's a cliche to say that all mums rely on coffee to get them through the day but you know what they say about cliches: damn true. We love this Thermos ThermoCafe Desk mug (down from £6 to £4.50 from Tesco) - closest chance I'll get at actually enjoying a cuppa while it's still hot! Chuck in a bag of fresh ground coffee or our fave tea bags plus a giant bar of chocolate.
4. For the mum celebrating her very first Mother's Day, how about a First Mother's Day personalised babygro? It's £12.99 which is a little steep but think of the cute Mother's Day photos plus this will earn a special place in your baby's memory box. Awww.
5. We've shared the fabulous Before And After Drinking Glass before but this one's so good, it's really worth repeating. It's normally £18.95 but down to £15.95 right now. Just don't get confused and end up doing wine for breakfast.
6. Love it or hate it? If it's the former, how about a personalised jar of Mother's Day edition marmite? We're not even joking. It's £4.99 and you can order up to 12pm on the 6th of March to guarantee delivery in time for Mother's Day.
7. We love this cute first Mother's Day bib which you can personalise with your little one's name, and at £6 it's not going to break the bank either. Another one to add to the keepsake collection, too.
8. If a hot bath and a bit of peace and quiet is your idea of the perfect Mother's Day moment, then you'll definitely want a bottle of Champney's Cloud Nine Indulgent Bubble Heaven Bubble and it's just £12 from Boots. A well-earned treat, indeed!
9. For some mums, Mother's Day just aint Mother's Day without flowers but they can be really pricy at special times of the year. Not at Aldi, though! We love the look of their jam jar posy and we love the price even more - just £3.50! It's not available to buy online but definitely worth popping into your local branch of Aldi to check these out.
10. How lovely is this Mother's Day fingerprint tree print? I'd be beyond delighted if my crew treated me to this on Mother's Day - not only do you get a beautiful gift to treasure but you also get the experience of making a memory together as you complete this gift - and all for £14.
11. For the mum who loves a glass of bubbly as an occasional treat, this Louvel Fontaine champagne is down from £24.50 to just £10 right now. Yes please!
12. I just LOVE this Mother's Day breakfast in bed kit. It's £14.99 from Not on the High Street and not only can you personalise the packaging (e.g 'Oscar's Breakfast in Bed Kit for Mummy') but it includes an American-style fluffy pancake mix, a jar of golden syrup, a silicone pancake shaper (heart, bear or star shape), two Everyday Brew Tea Pigs tea temples, one colour-me-in Mother's Day card and a cinnamon flavour tea bag.
TOPICS: Parenting Tips