Mothercare have an exclusive parenting event coming up where expectant parents can learn more about essential baby products and key parenting topics from in store experts and guest professionals. The events are free to attend but places are strictly limited. Choose your store to see the event time and date.
It can be really confusing bringing a child into the world, since everyone has an opinion and every 'expert' contradicts a different expert. There's also this illusion that you need a lot of 'stuff' to have a baby, when really, most of those things are about convenience, and not always really about need. My philosophy is to listen to everything and discard anything that doesn't 'fit' with my family, but finding all your information in one place can help you narrow things down a bit!
Some of the topics covered at the event will include:
- car safety and car seat fitting advice
- nursery furniture, cot mattresses and the latest sleep safety advice
- pushchair and pram choices (no slings, Mothercare?)
- breast pumps and sterilising
- suitable baby toys for the first 12 months
There will also be on the day:
- maternity bra fitting service (and advice) in every store
- advice from a midwife, breast feeding expert or health visitor (subject to availability)
- red cross trainers in selected stores giving FREE baby and child first aid advice
- gift bags for all mums-to-be and a 10% discount voucher
- parenting / baby activity teachers e.g. from Mamababybliss and Lazy Daisy birthing (subject to teachers availability)
This may not be for everyone, and remember to trust your instinct above anything else when it comes to your baby, but getting some advice never hurt anyone.