Ikea have issued a product recall on their PATRULL plug-in nightlight after a child was injured, receiving an electric shock and hand wounds from the unit. If you have one of these nightlights you are advised to stop using it immediately and return it to store for a refund, no receipt required. Here is what Ikea have said on their website, and you can click here for the original recall notice in full.
IKEA has received one report where a child played with the PATRULL nightlight. He tried to remove the light from the socket when the lid came off. The child got an electric shock and had visible wounds on his hand.
Whenever an IKEA product is involved in an incident we take immediate action. The product was removed from sale the same day as the report came in and an investigation started. More than 600 PATRULL nightlights have since been tested and they were all OK. In spite of this IKEA has decided to recall the lamp to avoid the risk of any further incidents.
PATRULL nightlight has been sold in Europe and North America since 2013.
Proof of purchase (receipt) is not required for a full refund. For more information, please contact Customer Services on 0203 645 0010.
IKEA apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.