Snapchat is a total giggle - and one of the best Apps out there for making you look flawless. If you have grasped the basics of the Photo-fun App, then let us fill you in on everything else you need to know.
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is a Social Media App that is adored by people of all ages. The idea is that you communicate with Friends, Lovers, Acquaintances by means of "Snaps" (photos and videos). You can also send worded messages too.
What's different about Snapchat is that once a Snap has been seen, or Message has been read, it disappears. This makes it very popular for secret conversations and exchanges.
You can also use the Story facility to update all of your contacts of you day. After 24 hours, your Story disappears.
What do all the Emojis mean on Snapchat?
- Red Arrow: fully filled-in arrow means you’ve sent a Snap without audio. Hollow means your Friend has seen your Snap without Audio.
- Purple Arrow: fully filled-in arrow means you've sent a Snap with audio. Hollow means your Friend has opened your Snap with audio.
- Blue Arrow: fully filled-in arrow means you've sent a Chat Message. Hollow means your Friend has read your Chat Message.
- Back and Forth Red Arrows: this person has screenshotted your Snap without audio.
- Back and Forth Purple Arrows: this person has screenshotted your Snap with audio.
- Back and Forth Blue Arrows: this person has screenshotted your Chat Message.
- Yellow Heart: You are Best Friends to each other. They send the most Snapchats to you and you send the most to them.
- Red Heart: For two weeks solid, you have been "Besties" with each other.
- Pink Hearts: An upgrade from the Red and Yellow Hearts - the two Pink Hearts signify the two of you have been BFFs for more than two months on the trot.
- Smirk: The other person isn't a best friend of yours on Snapchat, but you are one of theirs. They send you more Snaps than you send to them.
- Sunglasses Face: When you have a Best Friend in common with someone. Someone you both send oodles of Snaps to. This has been known to cause a stir with "unfaithful" BF's and GF's.
- Smiley: You both send loads of Snap to each other, but you aren't BFFs.
- Grimacing: Your Best Friend is the same as their Best Friend. In short, you both send the most Snaps to the same person.
- Baby: You are newly connected with this person on Snapchat.
- Fire / Flames: This appears when you have a Snapstreak going on. This means when you and your friend snap each other daily, and a tally is kept as the number of days pass. Next to the Flames you'll see a number - this is the amount of days your Snapstreak has been going on for.
- 100: When you have 100 Day Snapstreak. You've sent someone Snaps for 100 Days straight.
- Hourglass: Time is running out to maintain your Snapstreak. Send Snap now, or lose your Flame Emoji.
- Gold Star: This person has had their Snap replayed, in the last 24 hours.
- Birthday Cake: It's this person's Birthday.
- Red Square: You've received a Snap with no Audio from this person.
- Purple Square: You've received a Snap with Audio from this person.
- Blue Square Speech Bubble: You've received a Chat Message from this person.
How do I use Snapchat?
It's really easy to use the Snapchat App. Simply add some contacts and take a Photo by pressing the "circle". To record a Video, keep your finger pressed on the circle, until your finished making your Video, then send.
To add a filter your Photo or Video, simply have your phone camera facing you. Press on the screen and your face will be detected. A string of different filters will appear. Touch the one you desire and off you go.
There are many different Snapchat Filters available and they vary from person-to-person and day-to-day. Sometimes, Snapchat will even let you access exclusive ones too.
The most famous Snapchat Filter is the Dog, with it's floppy ears and sticky out tongue, it's easy to see why.
The newest addition to Snapchat Filters, has been the games. With the use of Filters, you can take on a Friend in a Snap Contest.