If you're looking for a fun activity that can be done with younger children as well as older ones then this DIY Puffy Paint is a winner! The best part is that it only uses 3 ingredients which hopefully you will already have at home!
The 3 ingredients:
- Shaving Cream Gillette Fusion5 Ultra Sensitive Men's Shaving Foam, 250 ml*£2.50 @ Amazon
- School Glue (PVA) 1 Litre PVA Glue*£4 @ The Works
- Food Colouring from £1.50 @ Amazon*
Make your Puffy Paint by following these simple steps:
1. Decide how many colours you want - that is how many small bowls or containers you will need!
2. Pour a generous amount of glue into each container.
3. Add an equal amount of shaving cream to the bowls. The mixture should be equal parts glue and shaving cream.
4. Add a few drops of food colouring to the containers! Don't go too crazy - when the puffy paint dries it will turn darker.
5. Use straws or lollipop sticks to stir the mixtures.
6. Grab your paint brushes and paper and start painting! You will need to use a pretty heavy amount of puffy paint to get the pretty fluffy paintings we have pictured.
7. Let your work of art air dry and be careful to avoid any smudges!
You can add extra decorations to the paint such as glitter, sequins at the mixing stage or add with other decorations at the end.
Let us know how your creations turn out, we would love to see them over on our Facebook page!