400 Jobs At Risk As The Book People Enters Administration

... but it looks like Christmas orders will still be fulfilled.
400 Jobs At Risk As The Book People Enters Administration

One of the UK's favourite online book retailers has entered into administration. If you like your bargains, then chances are you'll have shopped with The Book People. Whilst they wait for a buyer, they have reassured those of us that have our Christmas orders in with them, that they will be fulfilled.

The Book People Administration

As of 17th December 2019, The Book People are currently in administration, but are still taking orders via their online store.

With 393 employees, and a loyal customer base, they are very keen to secure a buyer for their independent online book retailing business.

The Book People, which was founded in 1988 by Ted Smart and Seni Glaister. It's best known for it's heavily discounted book bundles, which makes it very popular with parents.

70% of their sales are from their website, and the remaining 30% is via school and workplaces.

That's all we know for now, but we shall update this post as soon as we find out more.

Sign up for our newsletter

Never miss a deal from Playpennies with our daily newsletter

By clicking "sign up", you confirm that you agree to our privacy policy & consent to receiving marketing emails.


Reply to