Family Get Active Resolutions: What Does Your Local Council Offer?
More and more, in schools, our children are receiving education and advice on healthy lifestyles. We have the odd takeaway, and I generally cook most meals from scratch but it's hard to fit in the exercise sometimes because of the kids. So, why not include them? Most local councils offer incentives to get us to use our leisure centres, swimming pools and fitness centres.
Exercise really isn't my idea of fun, but last summer we would walk around the loch most nights as a family, and it was lovely. We enjoyed it and the kids thought it was awesome.
Here's some examples of what some local councisl offer:
- Middlesborough City Council: FREE Active Card, with seasonal offers for the whole family like discounted Family Actitivies.
- Newcastle City Council: Use ANY of the facilities, gym, swimming pool or Leisure Centre Classes for twelve consecutive days for £10. Plus gain rewards as you exercise, the more active you are the more discounts you receive across the city.
- South Gloucestershire Council: FREE REACH programme for families with children aged 4-15, involving activities and healthy eating tips.
- Lewisham Council: Run a Be Active scheme that heavily discounts leisure activities, and children aged 16 and below can use the swimming pool for FREE!
- Birmingham City Council: Lot's of FREE swimming and other activities for residents with the BE Active Scheme! You lucky lot!
- Angus Council: Run Be Active, a scheme for the whole family. Discounted access to leisure facilities.
These are just a handful of councils just to show you that across the country our councils are offering us ways to keep healthy. It doesn't just stop at exercise either, some even offer FREE cooking classes.
Why not have a look and see what your local council has to offer you and your family?
TOPICS: Fitness and Diet