This Year's 'Don't Buy' Sun Cream Revealed By Which?
It's that time of year when Consumer Watchdog Which? tell us which Sun Creams live up to their SPF claims and which ones don't. It's fair to say that when we buy Sun Cream for ourselves or our children, we expect it to provide the protection that it advertises. However, Which? have found in previous years that this just isn't the case.
The one that Which? have named this year as the 'Don't Buy' is the Avon Sun+Multi Protection Moisturising Sun Lotion*. At £10, it was the most expensive one featured in the test and was found to offer around a fifth less protection than it claimed.
One of the best Sun Creams that passed the SPF test and lived up to it's claims was Aldi Lacura Suncare Spray SPF30 200ml*. At £2.79, it shows that price isn't everything when it comes to selecting a Sun Cream. You can find it in store.
There was a total of 14 Factor 30 Sun Creams tested - here are the other 12 that passed the Sun Protection Test carried out by Which?:
- Boots Soltan Protect & Moisturise Spray SPF30 (200ml)* £5
- Calypso SPF30 Press & Protect Lotion (200ml) £2.99 (Sold in Home Bargains)
- Garnier Ambre Solaire Dry Mist Spray SPF30 (200ml)* £8
- Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection SPF30 Lotion (180ml)* £6.15
- Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Protective Sun Lotion SPF30 (180ml)* £7.50
- Marks & Spencer Sun Smart Moisture Protect Sun Lotion SPF30 (200ml)* was £8.50 now £6.65
- Malibu Protective Lotion SPF30 (200ml)* £3.99
- Morrisons Sun Lotion SPF30 (200ml)* £3
- Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sun Spray SPF30 (300ml)* £6
- Piz Buin Allergy Sensitive Lotion SPF30 (200ml)* £7
- Superdrug Solait Lotion SPF30 (200ml)* £4.49
- Tesco Soleil Light Lotion SPF30 (200ml)* £3.50
Why not tell us what Sun Cream you swear by year in year out?
TOPICS: News and Recalls