SAFETY RECALL: Starbrights Dragon From Build-A-Bear Workshop

26 October 2015

starbrights dragon recall pm

Build-A-Bear Workshop have issued a safety recall on their Starbrights Dragon* toy due to a fault which could see the stuffing coming out and presenting a choking hazard. There was a recall issued a few days ago that covered only the U.S and Canada but now the recall has been extended to include Starbrights Dragon toys sold in the UK as well.

The toy was sold in stores and online from April 2015 until August 2015, and if you have one you should stop using it and contact Build-A-Bear Workshop for an exchange. Here is the safety recall in full, and you can also read it on the Build-a-Bear Workshop website*, or on the Trading Standards website:

At Build-A-Bear Workshop, we recognize the great responsibility we have to provide our guests with products that are safe and fun. Safety is a key part of our brand values and has been since we were founded 17 years ago. In keeping with our values, we have issued a voluntary product safety recall of our Starbrights Dragon.

While the Starbrights Dragon passed all toy safety testing, it has come to our attention that the stuffing may become accessible due to a weakness of the satin seam on the middle section of the Starbrights Dragon, which could present a potential choking hazard to young children.

Although we have had no reports of safety incidents from consumers and we are unaware of any injuries caused by this product, out of an abundance of caution, we are encouraging guests to immediately return the Starbrights Dragon to a local Build-A-Bear Workshop store to exchange for an available furry friend of their choice.

If a guest does not live near one of our stores, we ask that they call our product hotline at 0800-432-0779, or visit for more information.

TOPICS:   News and Recalls

What do you think?

Connect with Facebook, Twitter, or just enter your email to sign in and comment.

Your comment