Mums Freebie: Herbal Teas @ Mamatea
AntiLorna over on HUKD has posted a tip about some nice free tea from mamatea.com, a little site that sells caffeine-free herbal teas. Their teas were designed for pregnant and nursing women, but anyone can drink them.
You can choose from the following teas, just write which one you want in your email, along with your personal details:
- Morning Mama - ginger and chamomile, ideal for morning sickness and nausea. Suitable from weeks 1 to 40
- Glowing Mama - Rooibos, echinacea, dandelion and elderflower, good for easing fluid retention and boosting immune system. Suitable from weeks 1 to 40
- Cool Mama - Chamomile, spearmint and marshmallow leaves, relaxing and soothing for heartburn and indigestion. Suitable from weeks 1 to 40
- Ready Mama - Raspberry leaf, motherwort and hibiscus. Powerful birth preparation tea. Suitable from week 38+
- New Mama - Sweet liquorice, fennel, fenugreek, nettle, lemon balm and red clover. Perfect for encouraging milk flow. Suitable for breastfeeding, not recommended during pregnancy
They actually sell raspberry leaf tea, which I have heard quite a bit about during the course of my pregnancy. Apparently, raspberry leaf tea contains 'fragine' which is supposed to strengthen and tone the uterine muscles, which lets them contract more efficiently during the labour process. You are not supposed to take raspberry leaf until you are past the 36 week stage. However, most of the midwives I have talked to don't know whether this is true or not... but it cannot hurt!
TOPICS: Fitness and Diet